Friday, September 18, 2009

Social Bookmarking...

I believe social bookmarking is an excellent tool to use in the classroom. As a teacher I would tag websites that I think would be significant for my classroom. Students can use this websites when they are curious about the different topics we are learning in class or if they just want to brush up or learn more information about the topics. Students can tag websites themselves if they stumble across a website that might be helpful to the teacher and/or other classmates. I would tag websites that I would use during classroom lectures to have easy access to the links when I need them.
Social Bookmarking could benefit my classroom because it would provide an easy way to organize imperative information on the web. If I found a website that I thought would enhance my teaching I could bookmark it, so I would never forget it. I can remember many times when I find great websites with lesson plans or activities that can be used in my classroom and the next week when I go to find them, I can’t locate them. Book marking sites can be organized into categories, this makes finding the specific information you need very easy. If my class was on the computers I would not have to recite the websites I wanted them to go to. I could tell them to look under the classroom category on my book marking site. This would allow the students to have more time to look over the site.
I think all teachers (no matter the grade level) should use social booking marking in their classrooms. As a current student I would be able to find websites, with a click of a button that my professors thought to be vital to the class. Professors could tag sites that students could refer to if they are having trouble understanding a particular topic, or sites that the teacher thought would be beneficial to the class. When I do research for a paper, sometimes I am in my dorm room and other times I go to the library. It doesn’t matter where I am I can always log into my account. Having a bookmarking site help to remember the sites you have visited. When it comes time to making a bibliography you can just visit you personal site.

Diigo site... http://www.diigo.com/dashboard/rmy131

No comments:

Post a Comment