I always thought I knew everything about Word, but I was definitely wrong. I never knew all those neat tricks existed. Those are things I wish I knew all throughout high school and even during the first two years of college. I know I would not have spent endless hours trying to figure out how to make columns in my documents. I think it was beneficial to take the time out to learn the different programs that I could use when I am a teacher, because it will help make my classroom interesting.
When I was in elementary school, teachers would send home plain and boring newsletters to my parents, now when I am a teacher I will be able to use what I learned in class to spice my newsletters up. It was happy to find out that I didn’t have to create my own templates; I could just use the premade ones. The newsletter I would help me as a teacher, I would like to send newsletters home on a weekly basis. I can communicate with parents, by letting them know what the children are doing in class, and present them with important information that they should know. This would be an easy way to stay connected with the parents during the school year.
When I was asked to make a concept map in other classes, I always used paper and pencil. I never knew inspiration existed, and I am happy that it does because I believe this will be the most beneficial to me when I begin to teach. I can use this program to outline lessons I will teach in my classroom and to organize important information from English lessons to Science lessons. This program will help outline the important information in a chapter for my students. The pictures also allow me to make the maps kid friendly. I will probably even use it in my current classes to outline notes.
It was nice to learn about the tables in word. Now I don’t have to use the tab key all the time to type where I want. Tables help make the page more organized. Tables also are a good tool to use when making quizzes and tests. Word also made making lesson plans easier. I never knew what the developer tool was and never knew all the neat things you could do with it. It will definitely make my life easier in the future when I can just fill in the information I need in the blank spots. The flyer is something I can use to put around my classroom to present vital information to the students. It is also something I can post around the school to get people’s attention on important school events. I can send the flyer home to parents to inform them on specials events that are happening in my classroom.
Final Blog
16 years ago
Great blog entry Rory. I am so happy that you learned so much and have thought of so many places to incorporate your new knowledge. It makes a teacher feel so good when their students learn and apply it.
ReplyDelete